Parramatta Learning Community for Sustainability’
Wednesday 31 October 2012
1.30pm – 3.30pm
The Kindergarten students at Our Lady of the Rosary Primary Kellyville, took great pride in showing visitors their emerging garden and outlining their plans to expand their crop, when educators gathered for the eleventh Parramatta Learning Community for Sustainability meeting recently!
Agenda for meeting
1. Welcome to Our Lady of the Rosary: John Spradbrow – Principal
2. Acknowledgement of Country: Cheryl Boyle LST - St Francis of Assisi Primary Glendenning
3. Introductions: What brought you to this meeting?
4. Prayer Walk and Reflection: Jacqui Remond, National Director – Catholic Earthcare Australia
5. Plans for the proposed school garden: Students of OLOR Primary
6. Kitchen Gardens in Schools:
Maria Marks – Learning Support Teacher, St Patrick’s Primary Blacktown
Cheryl Boyle – Learning Support Teacher, St Francis of Assisi Primary Glendenning
7. ASSISI Program: Jacqui Remond – National Director CEA
8. An invitation to the future of Outdoor Environmental Education: Helen Watkins – Head of Environmental Education, Abbotsleigh (Anglican Pre K-12 School for Girls)