Gardening activities ..."How do we break this branch?" and the use of products from a garden, allows students to use many thought-processing skills! These may include: *Problem solving, *Decision making, *Conversing and *Creating … which means that students are encouraged to *Cooperate, *Discuss, *Label, *Question, and *Concentrate!
Saturday, September 30, 2017
Saturday, September 2, 2017
The students gravitated towards the garden to remember ‘JULIAN’, their classmate and friend! They found comfort in renewing a garden bed and planting it out with Snow Peas! The sound of water flowing and the rake swishing the fallen dead leaves along the path, was a symbol of cleansing, growth and new life! Rest in Peace, Julian … you will always be remembered at our school!
Saturday, August 26, 2017
- A sprinkle of Mixed Herbs
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parsley - chopped … from school garden
- 1 tablespoon fresh Chives - chopped
- Butter – (salt reduced)
- Cracked Pepper for seasoning
- Crusty Sour Dough - thinly sliced
- 3 Garlic cloves - crushed
Method:1. Combine the garlic, parsley, chives and butter2. Toast the bread3. Spread with mixture4. Season with pepper and mixed herbsEssentials:
- Knives ... for cutting and spreading
- Garlic crusher
- Chopping board