Haloumi and Tomato Salad
- 250g of halloumi, sliced thickly
- 250g cherry/teardrop tomatoes - red and yellow
- 1 large brown onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley - from school garden
- ¼ cup (60mls) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat half the oil in an electric fry pan; cook onion and garlic, until onion is brown.
2. Add tomatoes; cook, stirring until just soft. Place in a bowl and cover to keep warm.
3. Heat remaining oil in fry pan; cook cheese, in batches until browned on both sides.
4. Drain on absorbent paper
5. Gently toss cheese and tomato mixture in bowl with parsley, spinach, lemon juice